Simplifying Algebraic Fractions
Cancelling algebraic fractionsLet us look at cancelling algebraic fractions first. We shall look at algebraic fractions that involve quadratic expressions.
= 1/x + 2
= 1/x + 2
Multiplying and dividing algebraic fractions
In the following examples we’re going to look at multiplying and dividing algebraic fractions.
- 4x+12 has a common factor of 4
- 6x 2-12x -90 has common factor of 6
- 5x – 10 has a common factor of 5
- x2 – 4 has no common factors
- x2-2×-15 factorises to (x+3)(x-5)
- x2-4 factorises to (x+2)(x-2)
Add your example
Use the form below to add another example to this section. You will need to provide an example in form of a question. Followed by the answer and then a detailed explanation/walkthrough of the example and answer.
Useful linksresearch paper writing help on Math Topics Custom research papers on: http://www.thepensters.com/
Learn more about this topic in the following pages.